Monday, February 16, 2015

Hips Don't Lie...

Neither do knees or ankles apparently. I have officially named the joints in my legs Snap, Crackle, and Pop because of the sounds they make when I move.

My friend Jared has a theory about people who dance when they are young. The theory is: "Dancers peak at 13. After that, they just start falling apart."

I have to agree with his theory. I danced for seven years growing up, five years of ballet and two of other styles. I tumbled for four years along with this. Fortunately, I don't have any serious injuries, no surgeries, and nothing crippling. What I do have, however, is annoying and occasionally painful popping and snapping sounds.

Now I'm not saying dancing is bad. I loved dancing. Even today I would take a dance class in a heartbeat. I can't wait for college and the possibility of dancing once again. I miss it more than anything. I just am mildly annoyed with my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment