Warning!! What you are about to read is highly classified information! Once you have read the following information, you are required to remain silent or risk death by assassins that will find you...
I'm just kidding about the assassins....
So a little bit of a back story before I get into the actual story:
Once upon a time, in a land and time not so far away lived a girl who worked at a Subway restaurant. She was rather ordinary looking, and even though she was 17 she had never really gone on any dates. (It wasn't because she didn't like anyone, it was because she was incredibly and painfully shy.) She had been on dates for dances like Prom, Morp, and Senior Ball, and one horrible date that was to never be spoken of, but nothing else.
Now there was this other guy who worked at the same Subway and after a little while she started to think that she liked him. For six months she just kind of watched from a distance and wished he would like her too. (She was not an assertive kind of person.) Then he took her to Senior Ball. She was so excited! And then on the way home... he held her hand! Oh, life was good. Or so she thought. Turns out that he had an issue with commitment and turned out to be a royal douche. By this point she figured she had wasted about eight months of her life.
Now to the real story.
I'm sure most of you have already guessed that the pathetic girl in the first story is actually me. Well, if you guessed that, you were right.
Around the same time I was realizing that guy #1 was a bad idea, and putting myself in a "detox" of sorts guy #2 came into my life. Well, that's sort of a lie. He had been in my life since school started about six months before, but I hadn't really known him. He was just one of the few guys on my debate team, nothing more. Nothing more, that is, until the two day tournament reared its ugly head.
Two days of intense competition, early morning and late night bus rides, and sleeping in the halls of a random school. It was torture. By the end of the second day of competing I had successfully broken my brain to a point where I could no longer English. It was bad.
Anywho. The first night, on the bus ride home, I made the mistake of letting Guy #2 let me use my pillow. Huge mistake. The next day, I returned from my first round of competing only to find that my pillow was in use. Um, ok. I was gonna use that. Whatever.
The end result was a rowdy fight, name calling, and sprinting down the hall... over a pillow.
When we were packing up to leave, he helped me put my coat on and carry my stuff out to the bus and on the ride home he sat by me. We played ultimate corners and I only succeeded in pushing him out of the seat once. It got a little crazy.
By the time we got home I was pretty sure there was a possibility of me actually liking this guy. Now there's something strange.
The other day my friends ended up setting us up for a date… in a rather embarrassing way, might I add. Now there is an upcoming date and I am totally excited. I'm not even ashamed to admit it. Who cares if my parents think it's weird, I think its awesome. More news later!

No comments:
Post a Comment