Friday, February 13, 2015

Dear Devon

Dear Devon,

My beautiful, wonderful, amazing Devon. I know the chances of you ever seeing this are slim, but I wanted to put it out there anyways.

You are one of my best friends, and always will be. I know I can always count on you to be there by my side. The Lord has put you in my life for a reason, and for that I am eternally grateful.

I know right now you are having a rough time. Things are not going exactly the way you had been hoping they would. This is for a reason, I promise. Everyone has off days. You are an amazing, talented, hardworking swimmer. There are days when you try your hardest and things just don't go the way you had hoped they would. In a couple of months you will be called on a mission. You will be a wonderful, dedicated missionary, but there will be days that things just don't go the way you had hoped they would. The Lord has given you this trial to help prepare you, to show you that you can get through the hard times. Please don't beat yourself up over this.

Thank you for always being there whenever I need to talk, or rant, or make emergency trips to Park City and I don't want to go alone. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on, or nap on, depending on the day.

From our late night talks after dances or dates that leave me speeding home to avoid missing curfew, to our detailed plans for stalking or hiding bodies you have always been there to help brighten my day.

You are such a kind and giving person and it makes me want to try harder to be my best. Your dedication to what you want to do is inspiring and something for me to strive to become.

The Lord did not make us sisters, but life has. Thank you for everything. You are amazing. I love you.

Forever and Always,
Aften Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment