Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sunflowers

Growing up my mom would always say that the sunflowers would bloom when it was time to head back to school. Every summer I would dread the sight of the bright yellow flowers and once the first one blossomed I would begin to fear. Sunflowers meant school and school meant being locked inside all day followed by freezing winters.

This year it seems the sunflowers have bloomed earlier than usual and I am reminded that I will be starting school again soon.

The thought is exciting and absolutely terrifying. I am excited to meet new people and have the experience of going to college, but at the same time I am scared stiff of what may lie in my future. I will be moving for the first time in my life, and sharing a room with someone I have only stalked on Facebook. I will have more responsibility and more freedom, but I can no longer use my mother as a scapegoat. It just doesn't seem convincing for a college student living away from home to sat "Sorry, my mom said I'm not allowed to hang out with you. I have to stay and clean my room tonight."

I am nervous, yes, but the experiences are defiantly exciting. I just need to put my man pants on and say no to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment